K'NEX Thrill Rides Product Help
Rippin' Rocket 2 Coaster
Specific Building Help
- Orientation of parts - Be sure to check and re-check orientation of blue and gray connectors. If you are unclear of the orientation on one page, go to next page to see what hooks into the pieces in question - this will help you place them correctly.
- Track pieces - Connectors should attach to the track pieces with a firm snap. This will happen each time if you are sure to have each track piece oriented as the page clearly shows before attaching the connectors. If your track pieces keep popping off after you have attached them to the main structure, it is likely you have not "snapped" the connectors onto the correct side of the track.
- It is important to be sure that all pieces are in the correct place and all are firmly hooked together according to the instructions. One or two pieces out of place or not firmly attached can cause problems.
- Check to be sure that all wheels under the car are spinning freely, even one wheel that is "sticky" can act as a break when the car is shot up the vertical hill.
- Allow the Turbo Booster to come up to full power before starting the car and be sure to start the car further back on the track and not right at the Turbo Booster.
- Be sure the track is straight and firmly attached (especially coming right out of the Turbo Booster). The track pieces have a "right" and a "wrong" side (top and bottom). Pay careful attention to the position of the track pieces in the instructions as you attach the track connectors - they are shown on each page with the top side facing up. In almost all cases the connectors are then attached to the underside of the tracks as indicated on each page. The connectors will, at first, attach to either side of the track pieces and we encourage you try this yourself with a piece of track and a connector. When the connector is attached firmly to one side of the track piece you will feel it "snap" into place. When attached to the wrong side, it will attach but you will not feel the "snap" and as soon as you attach it to the track or when you try to attach the next piece or run the car (any stress on the piece), the connector will pop right off or the track piece will detach from the structure.
- Page 3 - Parts List - your set may call for 3 tan Rod/Connectors (fork-shaped pieces); however, the instructions call for 4. Check the bottom of your red Launcher for 2 additional tan Rod/Connectors to make up the difference.